Bill’s Recommended Readings
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi.
- Dig Your Well Before You Are Thirsty by Harvey Mackay.
- Make Your Contacts Count by Anne Baber and Lynne Waymon.
- Jeffrey Gitomer’s Little Black Book of Connections.
- Masters Of Networking, by Misner and Morgan. Great compendium of articles by some of the top networkers in the world.
Your first 100 days in a new job:
- The New Leader’s 100 Day Action Plan by Bradt, Check and Pedraza.
- The First 90 Days by Michael Watkins.
- You’re In Charge…Now What? by Thomas Neff and James Citrin.
- On Becoming A Leader by Warren Bennis.
- Leadership Jazz by Max DePree.
- The Situational Leader by Dr. Paul Hersey.
- First, Break All The Rules by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman. What the world’s greatest managers do differently based upon in-depth interviews of over 80,000 managers.
First Things First by Steven Covey.
Knowing Your Value by Mika Brzezinski.
An all time favorite:
Good To Great by Jim Collins. It is about what makes great companies great based upon data versus opinion.
Great organizations to join
The Five O’Clock Club, America’s premier career counseling network. Please to find out how to join The Five O’Clock Club and begin taking charge of your career.
ExecuNet, recognized as the Internet’s most comprehensive resource for effective career management, exclusively for executives and senior-level managers with salaries above $150,000.
Some favorite quotes
Whatever your past has been, you have a spotless future. Melanie Gustafson
The answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything…. is…42. Douglas Adams
An expert at anything was once a beginner. Anonymous
Clear your mind of can’t. Dr. Samuel Johnson
It’s true that God made man before woman, but one always makes a rough draft before creating a masterpiece. Anonymous
To cultivate kindness is a valuable part of the business of life. Dr. Samuel Johnson
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. General Patton
Some people are afraid of heights. I am afraid of widths.” Steven Wright
If it doesn’t absorb you, if it isn’t any fun, don’t do it. D. H. Lawrence
If you can’t laugh at yourself maybe you just aren’t funny. Anonymous