My philosophy of coaching is captured in a quote is by Walter Annenberg. I like it because it applies to life … especially career transitions … as well as my role as a coach
“I want to remind you that success in life is based on hard slogging. There will be periods when discouragement is great and upsetting, and the antidote for this is calmness and fortitude and a modest yet firm belief in your competence. Be sure that your priorities are in order so that you can proceed in a logical manner, and be ever mindful that nothing will take the place of persistence.” Walter Annenberg
The highlighted words below capture what I believe to be important qualities for a career coach.
• A firm belief in your competence.
• Providing calm and encouraging fortitude.
• Making sure your priorities will get you to the goal line.
• Making sure your process is logical and effective.
• Constantly reminding you that persistence will pay off.
… and an absolute commitment to confidentiality.